Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Restful Day

Here I sit on at the end of a relaxing Sunday. I managed to handle a few church meetings, the primary kids, a restless kiddo of my own, a yummy dinner and dessert, and even managed to sneak away for a nap...all with the hubby at work today. I don't know how I managed to get so lucky to survive all that, AND also get some much needed rest.

I knew I wanted to blog today and my first thought was to do an update on the budgeting, which is some good and some bad. However, it didn't feel right to post about money on Sunday. Even if you aren't religious, I think Sunday is still a day to rest and relax before starting a new week.

So, I thought I might share a few things that I have enjoyed seeing over this week.

First, let's get the heartwarming, tearjerker vid out of the way:
And the one that will make you think:
Aaaaand, one to make you laugh:
FYI..."Heads Up" is a fabulous app game for family nights. While you are hilariously acting out things, the phone records it all and you can play it back for laughs.

And, a hodge podge of awesome:
These beautiful Adirondack Chairs that are featured on Fisherman's Wife Furniture.
These yummy-looking Soft Glazed Pumpkin Sugar Cookies from Lauren's Latest, that make me look forward to a cool Fall.

And, finally, I would be remiss to not introduce to you an amazing DIY blogger, Kit, the DIY Diva.
She is my DIY inspiration, especially when I feel a job is too big for me to do. She jumps in and gives it everything she's got...and has lived to tell the tales...and most of them are freaking hilarious.

I hope you had a blessed and restful Sunday and that you will have a productive, fun week. Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment